Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thank you, Alyssa and Miro.

Hello, all! I just had a nice conversation with Alyssa, who lobbied to get our run established in 1997. She now lives in Queens. She told me that the run's surface needed repair soon after it was established, and has regularly needed fixing. It seems as if we need a better job done this time around! She also gave me the name and number of the person who was instrumental in the 2001 resurfacing and renovation. I left a phone message for him so hopefully I can find out more about our run from him and get some advice.

Sadly Alyssa's dog passed away before the run was completed. His name was Miro. When I told her I thought we should name something in the run after her, she suggested we honor Miro instead. Wouldn't it be nice to have "Miro's Fountain" or "Miro's Bench" someday? She is very happy about what we are doing and we will keep in touch with her about our progress.

1 comment:

  1. That is a sad story. Thanks for getting in touch with Alyssa. I love the idea of thanking her for starting the run by remembering her dog.

    ReplyDelete