Tuesday, March 13, 2007

just a test

I'm Emily, handler of Clamour the redbone coonhound. I've been going to this dog run since we first got it--back then my husband (Mitch) and I had a ridgeback named Solomon.
Not much of an issue now, but one thing that has always bothered me is the amount of ragweed just outside the dog run. In the old days, there used to be homeless people living in it. I haven't noticed anyone sleeping there in recent years, but, come fall, the pollen levels in the dog run can be overwhelming. If we could get the parks dept to replant with something low-maintenance but less allergenic, or even do it ourselves, I think it would be a big improvement...

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you brought that up because i haven't heard about that complaint before. let's keep it in mind when we talk about maybe pushing the fence back and renovating that area too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little late posting to this one but I think replanting would be fantastic. A good option for plant material would be something indiginous that won't grow out of control and requires little water/maintenanace. If we can't expand the run maybe the parks dept. would take it on as a restoration project.

    ReplyDelete