Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thoughts on Our Approach

Susie, thanks for being the organizer for this group. I am not sure about how we should approach things, but a petition is a good start. I know that there are a few other dog runs that are well run by community groups, Hillside Dogs is one. I take my dog there a lot and I know the president of the group. I will ask him for some pointers. Is it feasible to simply get permission from the city to do our own work and then either get volunteers to help out or raise funds and hire someone. If we can convince the city that we have a plan and are capable, this may be a good way to go. Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ammon! It is our understanding that the Parks Dept would not allow us to alter the run. They must approve all plans and use their own contractors. We can make suggestions, clean and help maintain the surface, however.

    Do share whatever advice Matthew at Hillside has for us. I'm sure we can learn from their recent experience.

    ReplyDelete